Saturday, November 21, 2015

Nov 21 - Kins

Oh man, what a day. I spent the entire day cooking, pretty much. I'm going to this vegetarian Thanksgiving tonight, and got it into my head to make a quiche. And I had to make it from scratch, crust and all. As it turns out, making the crust is not as difficult as I expected, but it is time consuming. And it hurts my arms. I think I spent like an hour and a half cutting butter into the dough. It was ridiculous. But it is now done and in the oven and I'm very proud of myself. Hopefully it tastes good, too. It's spinach and mushroom and tons and tons of cheese. Like a shit ton of parmesan, mozarella and cheddar. So actually even if the crust sucks, I don't think anyone will care. And I have enough dough to make another, so the next one will be much easier and quicker.

I'm not sure if that was a fun note or not, but on a not so fun note, Natalie and I are no longer seeing each other. It was very mutual and amicable, it's just that we are not looking for the same thing at the moment. It's too bad, she is pretty great, but I feel pretty good about our talk and our decision. And I actually do think we will remain friends, which is what we both want. Anyway, so now I wait for the quiche to finish and then I'm off to vegetarian Thanksgiving. Not to worry, though, I am having a real Thanksgiving next week, too.

But before that, here's a song for you. Today's song is from Kins, a British band in the vein of Alt-J that I just found out about. I heard about them through their new EP, Cyclical, which came out earlier this year. And they've released two more songs since then as a run up to their second album, which is due next year. I still haven't listened to their first album, but considering how much I like the Cyclical EP, I probably should. It's quite difficult to pick a track off of Cyclical to play for you, cause they're all great, but I think we're gonna go with Young, as it's also an official single off the EP. But listen to the whole EP, it's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment