Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Nov 10 - Stolen Jars

I just had a wonderful dinner after a mediocre day at work. And don't have to go to work in the morning, so that's an added bonus. Dinner was at this French restaurant around the corner that I was recommended, which is even better than expected. And it was with this couple that I've run into like 4 times over the last year at random events around town and really like, and now we live near each other and are hopefully going to be friends. Also they're pretty into music, like me, so that's always nice. In fact the next time we see each other will be at a Flying Lotus concert on Thanksgiving.

But no Flying Lotus today. Today it's Stolen Jars. I heard this band recently and have become a really big fan. I keep listening to their debut album, Kept, because it's a great one. If Saintseneca is like The Decemberists light, then Stolen Jars is like Saintseneca light. But also with a female vocalist. Not only a female vocalist, it's like half and half. Some songs just have the guy, some just the girl. In fact one of my favorites, Another November, is just the girl. But I think the guy is supposed to be the "main" vocalist or something. And they've got some great guitar riffs, which probably remind me more of Saintseneca than The Decemberists. So I'll play you a song with both of them and with some of those wonderful, cyclical guitar riffs that they've got going on, which is the title track, Kept.


No comments:

Post a Comment