Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Nov 24 - Buscabulla

Another long day at the office. But this time not with only financial reports, luckily. I had a few weeks where I was super busy at the office and didn't mind being there every day, but now I'm more or less caught up and stuff is slowing down, so it'd be nice to get out. Luckily I will be on Thursday and Friday.

Last night I think I found my favorite Japanese place in Shanghai so far. It is this tiny little izakaya that's hidden back in a housing complex. Everything there is great, probably the best Japanese food I've had in Shanghai so far. And pretty reasonable. I just wish they had a bigger menu, but we managed to find a ton of delicious things. I definitely need to go back. And tonight it's on to another favorite, Lotus Eatery. It's probably my favorite Chinese restaurant in Shanghai, and as I have 2 friends visiting (my friend Rachael is here on business, and my friend Sean is on his way from Beijing to spend a few days visiting) it's a must. So dinner tonight will be great, too!

Since I posted yesterday about my first artist on my 2016 watchlist, it got me thinking that I should go back and check in on my 2015 watchlist. A few of the artists I did indeed watch, and a few of the artists I have no idea why I put them on there in the first place cause their music is just not good. But on great thing I came across that I hadn't been watching was Buscabulla. Actually there's been nothing to watch, though, so it's ok. They put out their debut EP in 2014, produced by Blood Orange, and haven't done anything else since. But the EP is quite cool. They're from Puerto Rico, so it's all in Spanish, and it's experimental synth pop. What's not to love about that? So here's Temporal, though the entire EP is worth checking out.


No comments:

Post a Comment