Friday, July 10, 2015

Jul 10 - Shana Falana

I am so glad I took that mental/physical health day yesterday. It was definitely more of a mental health day. And it totally worked. I feel like a new person today. I'm in a great mood. And I'm off to have a fancy dinner with friends at a wonderful restaurant on the Bund. Actually we're going to a place called El Willy, by a local celebrity chef. I've been to his other two, one was ok (the budget one) and one was amazing (the mid-range one). So now its' the fancy one. And it should be great, because at that Omnivore event I went to a few weeks ago, his item was one of the best things there. I'm excited. I just have to beware typhoons on my way. Although that's not supposed to arrive until tomorrow.

And now, today's song is Heavenstay, by Shana Falana. I just heard it (and about her) today, and then put it on repeat. Actually, it reminds me of Briana Marela from yesterday in a way. I think it's the kind of layered, dreamy vocals that are going on. But this is definitely much more rocking than Briana Marela. I think this is the first single off of her album Set Your Lightning Fire Free, which I also listened to a couple times today and came to the conclusion that Heavestay is by far the best song on it. The album overall is decent, but not even close to this good. Although I do think it's gonna grow on me. And it helps that I love this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment