Thursday, July 16, 2015

Jul 16 - Portugal. The Man

Made it back to Shanghai after a few hitches this morning. Luckily one of those was not being super hungover, surprisingly. I expected to be in much worse shape today. But my travel agent did accidentally cancel my flight, so that was fun. Then the flight I bought ended up going to Pudong instead of Hongqiao which is a bit of a pain in the ass, and ended up being delayed. But whatever, I'm here now, at home in my underwear, and everything is right with the world. Actually, considering what a shitty travel day it was, I'm in a really good mood.

And for today's music, it's a band I actually don't like very much: Portugal. The Man. I was never a huge fan, but then they employed the help of Danger Mouse to produce their last album, Evil Friends. And one surefire way to get me to like your music is to have Danger Mouse produce it. I love that guy. I actually was going to post Electric Guest the other day, one of his many projects, but then didn't for some reason. But then I stumbled upon Evil Friends on my iPod on the way back from the airport and just heard Modern Jesus for the first time in a while, and it's a fantastic song.


No comments:

Post a Comment