Thursday, July 30, 2015

Jul 30 - Reptar

Finally back in Shanghai! I've only been gone a week, but it seems like so much longer for some reason. But anyway I'm back and the weather is lovely, and I'm going out to see friends in a bit for falafel. I hope falafel, or kebab, because for some reason I really want that.

But before that, music. Today is Reptar. They showed up on a playlist, and while I know I've heard them before, they actually caught my attention this time for some reason. They put out their sophomore album, Lurid Glow, back in March, and they were on my radar before it came out, and I recognize the cover so I definitely listened to it, but it must not have stuck. This time it was different. They remind me of lots of other bands. A little Passion Pit, a little Vampire Weekend (but better than Vampire Weekend, cause I'm not a huge fan of them), a little bit of someone that is very specific that I can't put my finger on right now. A little of a lot of things, really. And it all comes together in a wonderful little package. For example, the wonderful Every Chance I Get.


No comments:

Post a Comment