Sunday, July 19, 2015

Jul 19 - M.I.A.

Once again, a very good weekend. Pretty chill, lots of rest, lots of good chats. I went to brunch today at Mr. And Mrs. Bund, which is apparently one of the best restaurants in Asia. I've been before, it's good, but definitely not up that high on the list. There is better in Shanghai. But it was good. And they do have this one truffle toast that is ridiculously delicious. And it was a beautiful day to be at the Bund. So really a great experience. Which was followed by a visit to the chocolate factory. My friend Julia's family business is chocolate, and they make some of the best chocolate ever. And they have a factory here that you can do a tour of. So I finally went. And I ate so much chocolate. It was kind of gross. I mean, it was amazing and delicious, but it was gross how much chocolate I ate. I have never eaten that much in one go. I'm surprised I didn't get sick. It was wonderful though. And now I'm home to watch this documentary The Wolfpack, which I'm super excited about. The story is pretty nuts. So it'll be a chill movie night.

And for music, we'll stick with the new song theme I started yesterday. There's a few things I could go with. Youth Lagoon has a new single. Goat has a new single. Chet Faker has a new single (some of these are newer than others. Also, that might be foreshadowing for some upcoming blog posts.). But we're going with M.I.A.'s new single, Swords, cause it's really great. I love her, and I was pretty disappointed with her last album. But this new single is great, so I'm excited for more music from her, hopefully this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment