Friday, July 10, 2015

Jul 11 - James Blake

Dinner last night was, as expected, amazing. Just ridiculously delicious. My friend Julia actually knows Willy, the chef, so she just asked him to serve us whatever we wanted. And that was an excellent decision. We had about 3298472 courses, and about a bottle of wine each, plus some cava and cocktails, and there was nothing there that wasn't absolutely delicious. Favorite dish may have been this explosion thing he makes. I talked about it at omnivore, cause that's what he made there, but a different one. The one last night was honey smoked salmon and truffle oil. And the truffle oil was in the explosive cookie thing, so after biting it you just get this truffle oil oozing out and coating the inside of your mouth and it's one of the most amazing things ever. And we had this ridiculous truffle pumpkin risotto and a lobster rice that was amazing. And what was essentially a fancy fried cheese stick wrapped in bacon. And a steak. And ceviche. I could keep going. It was awesome. And I even met a nice lady who I spent a good amount of time chatting with, so we'll see if anything happens there. Could be good.

So as I said yesterday, it was a great day, and it just got better with dinner. Great meal, great company. Just can't go wrong. I don't even mind the typhoon now. It's a good weekend.

As for music, I wanted something good here too. So we're going all the way back into the archives of 2013, and pulling out what was one of the best songs of the year: Retrograde, by James Blake. First single off of his second album, Overgrown, and now I'm impatiently waiting for Radio Silence, his third one that should have been out in the first half of this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment