Sunday, July 12, 2015

Jul 12 - Alina Baraz & Galimatias

Guess who's signing a lease tomorrow! That was quick, luckily. I hate house hunting. I believe I've mentioned that before. But I found a fantastic place in a great location today. It's basically at the top end of my budget, so that isn't ideal, but I think I'm really gonna like it. A lot. And I'll be close to all my friends now. Unfortunately it's just a 1 bedroom, but hey, there's always room on the couch. And the bed is big, so there's that. I don't want to jinx it, nothing is signed yet and I have to talk to my company about the details tomorrow, but it should be fine. We shall see! I'm sad to be leaving this place, cause I do like the space a lot, but I just can't stay here with a landlord that won't do anything. And actually the new space is not just a typical China apartment. It's really got character, which is awesome.

So all in all it's been a fantastic weekend. I spent the day hiding from the rain at my friends's house, playing with their dog and eating the food they cooked me. And then today I saw a few brunches, had some beers, had some more puppy time, and found an apartment! And there was even a bit of blue sky. This typhoon was really a disappointment. It never actually hit Shanghai. We just had non-stop rain and a lot of wind, but definitely not a typhoon.

I also got an excellent new album today. Well, I guess it's technically an EP, but it's 8 tracks so it's a pretty long EP. Or a pretty short album. It's called Urban Flora, and it's a collaboration between American singer Alina Baraz and Danish producer Galimatias, who found each other online and then started making music. Good, good music. Very chill, very cool. Very SZA, which is great because I love her too. Actually a lot of it sounds the same, but I still love it. So here's the opening track from the EP, Show Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment