Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Jul 28 - Disclosure feat. Sam Smith

I just got back from I guess my first real night out in Tianjin. I've had sort of nights out here before, during work events, but this time my colleagues invited me out to dinner and we went and ate German food and drank beer downtown. It was quite nice. They're all pretty young, all but 1 of them are interns, but it was a nice time nonetheless. The only problem was the pollution. I've found where all of Beijing's missing pollution from last weekend went, and the answer is Tianjin. It was gross from the minute I got here yesterday, but it really got bad tonight. We could barely see the train station across the river, and it was probably 200-300 meters away. And the air felt so oppressive. I think it's the first time in my life where I could feel the heaviness in the air and it just felt like it was weighing me down. I never felt that way in Beijing. Maybe it's because I was living there and was more used to it or something, I'm not sure, but it is terrible. I'm glad to be leaving tomorrow.

But another nice thing today is I heard the new Disclosure single, Omen, which once again features Sam Smith. This is now the second single off of their upcoming sophomore album, Caracal. It was released yesterday, and it's already got over 1.2 million views in a day! That's impressive. It's not as good as Latch (the first Disclosure feat. Sam Smith song off of their first album, which I also shared on this blog earlier this year), but it is a good one worth listening to. And better than the first single off the upcoming album.

No comments:

Post a Comment