Thursday, July 23, 2015

Jul 23 - My Brightest Diamond

I'm up in Beijing now, after quite the night last night. Honestly I'm kind of amazed I made my train. And that Jay made his plane. my friend Graeme had a house party. He always tends to do these on random nights, like Sunday or Wednesday. And they always have themes, although I generally don't dress to theme. Last night's theme was washed up, like on a desert island. But that's actually irrelevant. So we went to dinner then the party, and somehow managed to stay there until 3am. Then we ate terrible food and passed out for 3 hours. If not for the fact that I had a 5 hour train that I could nap on this morning, I would not have done that. But it all worked out well for Jay's visit, which was great.

For music today, it's My Brightest Diamond, one of my favorites. She just put out a new video for her single This Is My Hand, the title track off of her album last year. She redid the video with Instagram photos from fans, and I managed to get like 5 photos in. And my sister got a couple in as well (although she mistakenly doesn't like My Brightest Diamond. Crazy girl.), one of which happens to just be my face. Here are the ones that I noticed she took from me, in order of appearance. See if you can spot them in the video:

 
 




So that's fun. Honestly it's not a great video, but it is a great song and it's super exciting that one of my favorite artists used some of my pictures. She also like a few of them on Instagram, which was exciting at the time. I also need to apologize for not having shared a song from My Brightest Diamond until today. Not this year, anyway. What is wrong with me? But at least I have now, so that's gotta count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment