Thursday, July 9, 2015

Jul 9 - Briana Marela

Today was a pretty decent day. I took my mental health day and mostly stayed home. Went out to see a couple apartments. Nothing great, but some good. I'm not in a rush, though, so I'm gonna wait until something speaks to me. But also I just want it to be over, cause I hate house hunting. But mostly I just watched The Mindy Project, which was exactly what I needed today.

And for music, we've got a new artist, Briana Marela. I found her debut single, Surrender, somewhere recently and really liked it. Reminds me very much of Jonsi or Sigur Ros. Or also kind of like some of the Japanese music I used to listen to. Then I found out she's actually from Washington, so I thought I was wrong. But then I found out she actually recorded her new album in Iceland and it was produced by Alex from Sigur Ros. So I got it right. She even looks kind of Scandinavian to me, actually. And she's on Jagjaguwar, which is always a good sign. Her "debut" album, All Around Us, will be out next month, so I'm now looking forward to that. Although on Spotify it would seem she's already made an album. And the sound on that album is actually pretty close to what's happening here with Surrender. So anyway, whether this is her debut or now, who knows, but I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment