Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Jul 21 - Hippo Campus

I've had trouble writing my blogs the last few days. In fact some days I've barely made it. Normally I try to write my blog when I get home from work, or on the weekend at some point in the afternoon before heading out for the evening. But this weekend I had long days outside without coming home, and then so far this week (which is really just one day...) I haven't had time at home to write quickly before going out. Then I end up leaving and doing fun things and coming home very tired and fighting to write. But today I have more time than recently at home after work, so I can write. Although I do have fun things planned for today still. My friend Jay, who I used to live with up in Beijing, is coming for a visit. He's been in Korea doing his military service for the last three years but is getting ready to head back to the US. If you remember, I just went to Seoul (oy, I say just but it's already been two months. Crazy.) to visit him before he leaves. And now he's making the rounds of friends in the region before heading back. So now it's Shanghai. He was supposed to be here yesterday, but he booked his train ticket from Beijing for the wrong day. Whoops. I'm excited to have him though.

Other fun fact of the day: our office has a mouse and today there were little mouse poops on my desk. Gross.

Last fun fact: music. Today is not a new single by an artist I love like I've been doing for the last few days. It's a new band I found last week, Hippo Campus. They've put out their first EP, Bashful Creatures, and it's ok, but nothing amazing. They've got a good sound, but most of their songs sound the same, so I'm not so interested in buying the EP. But I do want to not forget them, so today's song is Little Grace, my favorite song off of their EP. It really is a fantastic song and a great sound. Only problem is all the songs sound almost identical. Which I guess isn't always a bad thing, but in this case it doesn't work for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment