Friday, July 24, 2015

Jul 24 - Empress Of

I thought I had managed to finish work early for the day, but I was wrong. I had a meeting out of the office after lunch and got dropped off at my friend Santana's place instead of going back to the office, which means I was home by 3. But then I had some emails and got caught up doing some work for the last 2 hours, and am actually finishing late. But at least I'm home (or at the place I'm staying) and listening to music.

I had a couple Spotify playlists I follow that came up with some updates, and hidden in one were a couple songs by this new artist from New York called Empress Of. It seems she put out a single and an EP a few years ago, and now this year she's got a couple new singles, Kitty Kat and Water Water, both of which are great. And she's got her first album, ME, coming out in September. So now I'll be waiting for that. It kind of reminds me of a much more upbeat, dancy version of Banks. And vocally maybe also a bit like Glasser or Tei Shi. These are very good comparisons if you ask me. So enjoy Kitty Kat.


No comments:

Post a Comment