Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11 - RAC feat. Kele and MNDR

I had such a hard time waking up today, and I have no idea why. I got a full night's sleep, in fact I got a ton of sleep this weekend, and I woke up at a pretty normal hour for myself today, and even after having coffee I could just not wake up this morning. I don't know what was up. But I made it to Tianjin and the weather turned really nice after a bit of afternoon rain, so I appreciate that. Normally I can't even see the buildings across the street from my hotel when I'm here, but today I can see all the way into the city (which is actually quite far, because factory). So that's putting me in a good mood. And I'm going back to Shanghai tomorrow for what feels like the first time in forever, so that's also putting me in a good mood. And I've been chatting with this new girl I met online since yesterday and now have a dinner date for Friday night, which is also putting me in a good mood. And I'm planning a joint birthday dinner for Saturday night where we're going to eat an entire Xinjiang-style roast lamb, which is something I've been wanting to do for my birthday for years, so that's also putting me in a good mood. So basically, great end to a slow start of a day.

As for music, I'm currently listening to the new Penguin Prison album, which is fine I guess. I was thinking maybe I'd just share a song by them, but there hasn't been anything that stuck out to me while I've been listening. But then I thought that the first time I heard of Penguin Prison was through RAC, this producer who I got into when he was just making remixes, and who put out his first actual album, Strangers, last year. He's still just a producer, so it's actually an album of songs produced by him and released in his name, but featuring all kinds of other vocalists. And the opening track, Let Go, is a fantastic song. Made it into my list of best songs of the year last year. It's got Kele of Bloc Party on vocals, with MNDR doing the chorus, and it's a wonderful opening track to another pretty decent album.



No comments:

Post a Comment