Friday, May 15, 2015

May 15 - Dirty Projectors

It is raining like nuts here in Shanghai today! It's been pissing it down most of the day with no end in sight until tomorrow. And I'm supposed to leave the house tonight, but I really want to just spend this Friday night inside doing nothing. Mostly because I hate the rain, but also because my plans for tonight are that date I discussed the other day that I don't really want to go on now, for the aforementioned reasons. And I need to tell this girl who's interested in me that I'm not interested in her. That's not fun.

Yesterday I told you about Dirty Projectors and how weird they are, but then I put a song which is pretty normal and accessible. So I feel like I didn't do their artistry justice. So today I'm picking another Dirty Projectors song for you, this time off of 2009's Bitte Orca, which was the first album I heard by Dirty Projectors, and the year I learned of their existence. This song, Useful Chamber, is my favorite off of that album, and does much more justice to Dirty Projectors's artistry, very clearly showing their regular use of vocal harmonies, multiple vocalists, changes in tempo and sound mid-song and much more. It's creative, to say the least. And also great.


No comments:

Post a Comment