Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8 - Other Lives

Today started out really bad. I was in a terrible mood. I woke up at 6, after not sleeping well because often when I have to wake up extra early my body just can't sleep well because I'm afraid I won't wake up on time. But I did, and I always do, but my body can't seem to remember that. Anyway, woke up early, went to the airport for a flight I didn't even want to take, only to find out it was delayed 3 hours. Awesome. So then I sat in the airport tired and cranky and in a bad mood, and then I got on my plane tired and cranky and in a bad mood, and then I got to Beijing tired and cranky and in a bad mood, and ended up with a shitty cab driver who I had to yell at a couple of times. But somehow, magically, when I got to the office and started chatting with our agent (I'm here to audit him) I ended up in a much better mood. And we had a great chat. And now I'm in a good mood. So yeah. Who would have thought that work would put me in a better mood, after a long week where I felt I was working too much? And now I've checked into my hotel and I will just lay here and watch movies. Good times.

Before starting the movies, I will play you a song though. The other day I mentioned a few of the albums I was excited about this week, one of them being Ritual, the third album by Other Lives. And these guys did not disappoint. This might be their best album yet. Which falls in line with the trend of great first album, disappointing second, amazing third. Although they skipped the disappointing part and also had a great second album. These guys are seriously underrated. There's a ton of amazing songs on the album, but my favorite might be track 12, It's Not Magic. Before the album was released they were teasing the intros to all the songs on Instagram, and when I heard the intro to this song I was blown away. And I'm still blown away. Granted, the entire song is not as good as the intro, that part (and the repetitions of it later in the song) are definitely the best part. I mean, what an amazing few bars of music. But the entire song is still great. I hope you agree.

And for the second time ever, I can't find it streaming on my normal sites. So here's the Spotify version.


No comments:

Post a Comment