Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25 - Holly Miranda

So yesterday turned into a big drinking day. Started at 4, went till about 12. That was not expected. We started out at a wine tasting in the afternoon, which was great. And from there finally went to the Family Mart which I've been wanting to go to for weeks. Family Mart is a convenience store, but there's one down the street from me with a fantastic patio, and I've been wanting to just go chill on that patio and drink cheap beers. And finally yesterday I did! Then continued on to a house party. Very good times. Made for a very tired Michael on Monday, but it was a great Sunday, and a great end to a wonderful weekend.

For today's song, I've picked Mark My Words by Holly Miranda. Don't know much about this girl, but her song All I Want Is To Be Your Girl has been on a few playlists I follow, so she's been on my radar for a few months. And she just put out an album which is definitely not her first, as Spotify has shown me. The eponymous new album just came out recently, and it's just ok. All I Want Is To Be Your Girl is a cute, fun song, as are many others, but the only real gem is Mark My Words, the opening track. The album is worth a listen, you might like it, but nothing special to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment