Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28 - School of Seven Bells

I'm going to eat the most delicious hot pot in Shanghai tonight. That's the highlight of my day. Otherwise, just busy again.

And another highlight is School of Seven Bells, who I started listening to last night after not having listened in a long time. I started last night by listening to their latest album (which is already like 3 years old), Ghostory. It's a great album, but it marked a slight change in musical style, and a large change in the fact that the sisters who share vocal duties decided not to keep making music together. I don't know what the deal was or if it was amicable or what, but they stopped. But despite that, my favorite album by them is still their first, Alpinisms from 2008, and my favorite song by them is still the first song I ever heard by them and the opening off that album, iamundernodisguise. In fact, last time I blogged about this band, after Ghostory came out, I still posted two songs off of Alpinism and nothing off of Ghostory, and one of those songs was iamundernodisguise. It's a great one.


No comments:

Post a Comment