Friday, May 8, 2015

May 9 - Ivan & Alyosha

I'm going to be getting very drunk today, so I'll just write my blog now, even though I've just woken up. I'm going to a boozy brunch today. Normally that means all you can eat and all you can drink champagne at a 5 star hotel. Today we're going to a Spanish restaurant, which will have all you can eat and drink, though I'm not sure if they'll have champagne. I'm guessing they'll have cava, wine and cocktails at least, which is still pretty wonderful. And, these things normally go from 11:30 - 3:00. I've actually only been to one champagne brunch in Shanghai and it went to 5 or 6 (I can't really remember...), but this one goes until "sundown" as they say in the ad. They have a rooftop bar where the party will continue after 3:00. Which normally would be great, but looking out the window today, it doesn't look all that great. Hopefully it'll clear up and it's not just pollution that's going to sit here all day, cause I love a good rooftop when the weather is warming up, and I was also invited to another rooftop party for later in the day, which if I'm not super wasted and end up not going to, I'll also go to.

Anyway, on to today's song. Today was a great week for music. Lots of good releases. I pre-ordered a few that I was very excited about, and then there were a few others that I was interested in but didn't know enough about to pre-order. And there were names that I recognized and had maybe heard a song or two from but didn't really know much about. One of those is Ivan & Alyosha. They just released what seems to be their third album (although if you ask an actual fan I think they might have a different opinion), It's All Just Pretend. And it turns out the opening track, Something Is Wrong, is a great one. I'm not sure the album is one that I'm going to purchase yet, I don't think I liked it that much, but I'm gonna give it another listen and decide.

Unlike yesterday, I did find this song on Soundcloud, which is always my preference. But annoyingly, there was no embed code provided. So you get a stupid Youtube video instead. I now realize why it's a good thing I'm usually behind on posting new songs off of albums. It's probably a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment