Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22 - Shamir

It's my birthday! And I woke up drunk. Great/Terrible way to start the day. Thank God for lots and lots of coffee, and naps on the long shuttle ride to work. It's been a pretty good day though. I think I even got my trip home extended so I can go to our office in Houston for a few days, which means I'll also get to stay home for an extra weekend, which will include 4th of July. So I'd say it's a good day so far. And up next, I'm going to stuff my face with as much grilled cheese I can.

After which, I hope to take a cue from Shamir and Make a Scene. If you haven't heard Shamir yet, consider him my birthday present to you. He just put out his first album, Ratchet, this week, which I consider his birthday gift to me. And it's a great album. Probably one of my favorites of the year so far, and he's probably my favorite new artist of the year. Actually, Make a Scene isn't even close to my favorite song on the album. There's probably like half a dozen that are better. And it's still such a great song! And fitting for tonight, hopefully. I guess we'll know tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment