Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17 - Stevie Wonder

Last night's birthday dinner was a success. We ended up having like 14 people, which was a great number because there was sooooo much food. It was ridiculous. When I called to book it, the woman told me that an entire sheep could be eaten by 8 men. She specified men. That sounded low to me, as I imagined it required more like 30-40 people. But with 14, we basically finished the entire thing, plus a bunch of other dishes, and tons of beer. And then they gave us a free bottle of Hello Kitty sparkling berry cider, which was pretty gross, but hilarious. One of my friends Julia also runs her family's chocolate company here in China, so she made us some very special chocolates for our birthday. In addition to a lovely chocolate with our names on it, she used her company's nipple chocolates to make the first ever boob chocolates. Yes, they have nipple chocolates. Yes, they really do look like nipples. Yes, they are modeled after a specific human being's nipples. And then she put it on a raspberry chocolate shell stuffed with chocolate mousse, and made us boobs. They were delicious. Almost as good as the real thing!

Me and my birthday sheep, with a very appropriate shirt
Once we left, we headed around the corner to a bar called The Retreat, which is Cy's local bar. Sadly, it was overrun by a few Indian guys who were doing their best impression of frat boys. Luckily dogs are allowed, so Ozzie, Cy and his wife Veronika's dog, came to join us, and he and I had a nice cuddle on the couch while enjoying some drinks. And we brought him the sheep's head. When we left, we put it into the cake box and carried it to the bar to feed to the dog. He really liked it. I bet he really liked it today as well.

Our Hello Kitty
sparkling cider
As for my today, I did nothing. I woke up early for some reason, and felt super sick and hungover for some reason. I'm really not sure why, since I wasn't that drunk and got home at like 1am. There's really no reason for it. But I felt terrible so I spent most of the day on the couch. The only time I left the house was to go check out this private cinema I'm thinking of using for my actual birthday next Friday. And while on the couch, I finally watched the finale of my guilty pleasure TV show - American Idol. Luckily it's being cancelled so I'll only watch one more season. I was actually thinking that it's time for me to stop, but since next season is the last one, I'll watch it. I was not very happy with the results, but it was what I expected. Well, what I expected after Jax, the girl who came in 3rd place, was voted off. She wasn't my favorite either, actually Clark, the number 2 guy, was my favorite, but I was very sure Jax was going to win. But the whole point of discussing American Idol is to get to today's song, which is As, by Stevie Wonder. There was a lot of Stevie Wonder song on this season of the show, and he really does have some fantastic songs, this being one of them. So, thanks for another season with a disappointing winner, as usual. But thanks for this great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment