Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 6 - The National

I just got home from the airport, unpacked, and started downloading all the music that came out this week that I wasn't here to download as soon as it was released. Specifically, new albums from Hiatus Kaiyote and Other Lives, and the debut album from HOWLING (another side project with Mr. Ry X). Super exciting stuff. And this doesn't even include the albums that I am excited about maybe liking and really want to listen to, but did not pre-order because I'm not actually sure I'll like them. Those being new albums from Best Coast, who had some great songs before the album came out, and new albums from Django Django, My Morning Jacket. Really, May is off to a good start with music. And then there's Shamir's debut later this month, there's the new Patrick Watson, The Tallest Man on Earth, and maybe the most exciting being a new EP from My Brightest Diamond, just in time for my birthday. Hooray for May.

But anyway, I went on iTunes to download all the ones I had pre-ordred, I started looking at new stuff coming out, and realized there's a bunch of new and exciting things that I can share and haven't yet. Basically new singles from some of the artists I mentioned above, or from other artists whose albums are only coming out much later this year but who finally put out a single or two. And, as it turns out, a couple of these new single discoveries are a bit older (well, within the last couple of months) but I somehow managed to miss them until now. But not anymore.

One of those is this new single from The National, Sunshine On My Back. No idea if this is from a new album or what, but it has been a couple years since the last one, so it definitely could be. Which would be pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment