Saturday, May 23, 2015

May 23 - Hiatus Kaiyote

Today really flew by and I have no idea how. I actually made it to the Japanese language exchange I've been meaning to go to, and it was great. I'm really glad I went. It took some forcing and some nudging from Philana, but in the end I did make it and had a really nice time. I feel like the older I'm getting, the more socially anxious I am. And I have no idea why. I'm a totally normal human being who can carry on a conversation with pretty much anyone and am not really shy at all, so there's really no reason whatsoever for me to feel that way. But today especially I did. Maybe it had something to do with also having to speak Japanese, which I know I've gotten much much worse at. But, point being, I went, I had a great time, met a few new people (something that I really do need to do), and got to practice my Japanese. So I will definitely be going again.

And then I went and picked up all my birthday presents to myself. Everything I got made at the fabric market last week is ready, so I did some fittings and it was all good. I'm not 1 suit, 1 pair of pants and 5 shirts richer. And I really like all of them. And I got cookies as a birthday present, then had a burrito for dinner. Totally winning today.

I also spent most of my time biking around today listening to Hiatus Kaiyote. I've talked about them plenty here, so really no need to say too much. But their new album, Choose Your Weapon, is fantastic. There are a ton of amazing songs, but the one I really love and for some reason always forget about is The Lung. It's absolutely gorgeous. I listened to it many times in a row today. It is one of the best songs on the album. Maybe the best. We'll see. I love a lot of the songs on the album so really hard to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment