Saturday, December 12, 2015

Dec 13 - The Fugees

Fucking. Daliah's. I've told you about this place before. Well once again I fell into it's trap yesterday. My day started out innocently enough, with Korean BBQ (so way too much food for any single person to consume), which we then walked off on the way to Daliah's. We being my two vegetarian friends and I, who all enjoyed lots of meat at Korean BBQ lunch. It was great. So we walked for like 75 minutes, which was actually a great decision for our stomach's and because the weather was lovely. So we walked all the way to Daliah's in order to do some prep and experimentation for today's Hanukkah party. The plan was to spend a few hours, then go home and watch a movie and do nothing. Well, I eventually got home at 4:30 in the morning. As I was planning to leave, Daliah's boyfriend Daniel showed up. He is often the reason that I stay there much longer than intended. We had dinner. We had beers. Then there was a private birthday party downstairs and so we had more beers and more drinks (this was already at like 10 or 11). Then we went to a big, gay party (my first gay party in Shanghai! I have managed not to make any gay male friends here, which I think is a first for me). Then a failed attempt at finding street food. And then finally home. It was wonderful, and Daniel (Daliah's aforementioned boyfriend) is now officially my best friend/gay lover. We discussed it last night. And we held hands. So it must be official. Jesus Christ I think I'm still a bit drunk. I'm laying in bed, not doing much of anything. The plan was to already on my way to Daliah's to prep for our party tonight. That obviously won't happen for a few hours.

On a music note, I was also inspired at Daliah's yesterday. She had a playlist with some great tracks going, and today's song was inspired by that playlist. It was actually a kind of weird playlist, considering what was in it and how it went together, but great in terms of the songs played. And some of them were classic hip-hop tracks. And I've been thinking about whether or not there are songs I have to get into this list before the year is over. And then the song came on. Which is maybe one of my favorite songs, but which I somehow totally forgot about. I guess that would make you think it can't be one of my favorite songs. But I promise it is. The Fugees. Killing Me Softly. A tune.


No comments:

Post a Comment