Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Dec 2 - Childbirth

I made it up to Beijing safe and sound today, and there was luckily no pollution to greet me. In fact, it wasn't even so cold! Pretty great. Of course there was the standard, miserable Beijing traffic. Which reminded me how much this city can suck, even on a day like today. But it also helped that I had amazing sushi for dinner. Maybe the only thing Beijing does better than Shanghai when it comes to food is Japanese food. Actually, also Chinese food. But for all other food, Shanghai is better. But, oh man, this sushi. There was so much of it. It was so delicious. It made me so happy. And it made me very happy to see Rich, my formerly-vegetarian best friend, eating it. Now he's just a pescatarian. Anyway, more food to be had while I'm here, mostly Chinese, and one burger. Mmmm....

Today's song comes from Seattle punk-trio Childbirth, who I never heard of before today and probably won't spend any time listening to. But I heard this song and thought it was fine background music, until I noticed the name and listened to the lyrics. The song is Siri, Open Tinder, off of the band's sophomore album Women's Rights. And it's basically a list of who they swipe left and right on. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment