Sunday, December 6, 2015

Dec 6 - Drake

I sure am glad I came back to Shanghai a day early. I ended up having a great, really busy day. I thought I wouldn't be doing anything until about 2pm, when I was planning to go to one of the Christmas Markets in town. It's a German Christmas Market put on by Paulaner Brewery, and I have a couple of friends who had booths there, so I wanted to go check it out, see them, and of course have some gluhwein. Well turns out I went at like 11:30 with a friend of a friend who's visiting Shanghai, and we had beers and stuff until about 2:30. Then I went to pick up candles for my menorah at shul, because Hannukah started tonight. And when I got there, the rabbi told me that there was a big first night party going on at the historic synagogue tonight from 6-8. So nothing until 2pm turned into that something at 11:30, followed by a long bike ride to get my candles, then another Christmas Market (the cool, young, hip one), and then shul for the Hannukah party. I've been gone like all day, eating and drinking mostly, and I am now exhausted (and very full). So I'm home, my menorahs are lit, and now I'm going to pass out early.

And since it's Hannukah, today's song comes from a nice Jewish boy: Drake. I've been wanting to make Hotline Bling a song of the day for a while, and just haven't. I like it very much, and I'm sure everyone has already heard it, so I kept putting it off. But then it came on at the second Christmas Market, and I was like "oh yeah he's Jewish let's do it!". So here we are. And because the video heavily features what I believe are Drake's bar mitzvah dance moves, I'm putting the video up instead of just the song stream.


No comments:

Post a Comment