Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Dec 15 - Anohni

I worked from home today after a doctor's appointment. Basically any excuse I have to work from home, I use. I was out and about most of the morning anyway, first for my appointment and then for lunch, but I did some work this afternoon. And luckily not alone, I had the company of my puppy friend Ozzie! His mom is coming back from America tonight so his dad wants to go and pick her up at the airport, which means he won't be home until 9, so Ozzie needed company and walking. That's where I came in. We walked a bit, then I worked and he chilled, then we cuddled and watched a movie. Victoria. It's been on a couple of "Best of" lists this year, and sounded pretty great. I think the story was a bit lacking, but it's over 2 hours and the entire thing was done in a single take, which in and of itself is an amazing feat. So it is an impressive movie. Still no Birdman, though.

Now that I posted my favorite music of this year, it's time to get into next year. Actually, I've probably already posted a few songs of artists who I should be looking forward to next year without actually saying I'm looking forward to them. Well, today I say it, and the first one to share is Anohni. This is a new project from Antony Hegarty, of Antony and the Johnsons. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I absolutely love her voice (mostly from stuff she's done with Bjork). And now this new project does sound like it could be pretty great. There's only one song so far, 4 Degrees, and based on this song I will like Anohni much more than Antony and the Johnsons.


No comments:

Post a Comment