Sunday, December 27, 2015

Dec 27 - Massive Attack

I did pretty much nothing today. Pretty much nothing productive, anyway. The only productive thing I did was finally get the name changed on these fapiao that I've been needing to change for a while. And the only reason I did it is because it's almost the end of the year and I'm afraid I won't be able to after New Year. My friend got them for me when he went to a fancy Japanese dinner. So I went to change them and then ended up having a fancy Japanese lunch. It was at this place called Aoki, really nice omakase sushi place that's apparently a branch of a Michelin star place in Tokyo. So it was pretty fantastic. Otherwise I finished the first season of Fargo (fantastic story, and extremely well told. Watch it if you haven't) and I watched the 4th season of Luther. Luther is one of my favorite shows. It's this British cop drama with Idris Elba and it's wonderful. Being British, there's like no episodes even though there's 4 seasons. And it's taken them like 19 years to make 4 seasons. That might not be true, but it feels like it. It's a great show, though, and you can't go wrong with Idris Elba. So go watch it.

Which brings us to today's song, Paradise Circus by Massive Attack, which is the theme song from Luther. I actually heard this song when they put out Heligoland back in 2010 and don't remember it making any big impression. But I guess together with this show that I love, I've heard it more and come to love it. It's a pretty gorgeous song, vocally and orchestrally, plus it's got a great handclap/drum beat thing I love. I am a sucker for a handclap in a song, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment