Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dec 17 - Alice Boman

I just finished watching the second season of Transparent, and god damn that show is amazing. I started it last night, and I finished it tonight. Luckily my plans tonight got cancelled, which was perfect because I wanted to sit here and do nothing but watch that show. And I'm so glad I did. I'm not sure if that or Masters of None was my favorite show of the year, but I guess you could say I love them both for the same reason. They have a ridiculous amount of heart, but in different ways. Masters of None dealt with real issues in a very comedic and nonchalant way, but really got to the heart of things and explained them in a way that I think really connected with the Aziz Ansari aged generation. Then Transparent just kind of rips your heart out every episode, but is also so full of love and family and warmth. Really, really great storytelling for both of them.

And they've both got pretty good soundtracks. There were a few songs I wanted to share from Transparent, but I'm gonna go with Alice Boman. I heard her earlier this year and really liked her song Waiting. Sadly I found the rest of her music a bit boring. But Waiting is beautiful, and it's like the unofficial theme of Transparent or something. It's in like 3 episodes. But they actually use the PAL Remix a lot, and I like how it picks up at the end, so that's the one I'm actually gonna play you. I also considered a little LCD Soundsystem, but I've already done them twice this year, so I decided against it. And The Indigo Girls, cause they also feature prominently in a couple of episodes of Transparent, but not as prominently as Waiting. So off of her Skisser/Remixed EP (which you may have guessed is a remix EP of her original Skisser EP, and which has some great remixes), here Waiting (PAL Remix).


No comments:

Post a Comment