Thursday, December 24, 2015

Dec 24 - Cross Record

Today has turned into an "I-hate-China" day. Mostly because of the rain and traffic and being late and lack of sleep and not wanting to do anything but having to go to a Christmas dinner with someone who's mildly anti-Semitic. I'm actually not upset about having to go to the Christmas party, I'm quite looking forward to it, just not looking forward to seeing this woman I can't stand. I see her from time to time but in large groups, which tonight won't be. I don't think she's actually anti-Semitic, but the first time we met she thought it was a good idea, upon learning I'm Jewish, to tell me the story of how there used to be this parking lot in Riga, where she's from, but then they found out there was a WWII mass grave under it, so they ripped it up and turned it into a memorial, which is soooo annoying because parking in Riga is really difficult to find already, and it's not even like people are allowed to use it and go on the grass, it's just this memorial and it's so annoying. Yeah. So other than that, Christmas should be fun!

The best part of the day today was the weekly Spotify playlist I get from Spotify, which happened to have a lot of good stuff this week. The best of which, by far, was Cross Record. They're this husband and wife duo who got married and moved to a farm in rural Texas and then made this album called Wabi-Sabi which comes out next month and which I'm now really excited for. It's more of this dark, broody female alt rock that I've found a lot of great new artists who make this year (like Anna B Savage and Miya Folick), not to mention the older ones who I love (like Sharon Van Etten). So if you're into that kind of stuff, you'll like this. There are two singles out so far, Steady Waves and High Rise, both of which are fantastic. So now I'm gonna go and pre-order this album cause I'm pretty excited about it now. In the meantime, enjoy Steady Waves, the best new song I heard today.


No comments:

Post a Comment