Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Dec 8 - APigeon

Today was a great work day. I mentioned yesterday that we were working on this strategy thing, so today my colleague came over and we worked from my place on starting to put together some real, coherent strategy. It was very exciting and fulfilling. I am looking forward to continuing.

But more exciting than work was that I went over to Daliah's and planned my Hanukkah party with her. I was planning to have something at my house on Saturday night, but instead we're having something much bigger at her restaurant on Sunday. We're now planning on having a latke bar, with regular latkes, sweet potato latkes, cheesy latkes and chili latkes, and like 6 different types of sauces. And the same for a donut bar, where you can fill and/or top your own donut. And of course matzoh ball soup. It's gonna be great, I'm super excited about it. And I haven't even told you the best part. I made a joke about having to find me a nice Jewish girl at the big Jewish party, and so there's a nice, French Jewish girl that Daliah has already found for me and invited! She just has to confirm if this girl is single or not....

Other exciting news today was the announcement of next year's Grammy nominees. It's usually not very exciting, honestly, and this year was no exception, because it's mostly a bunch of people I don't care about. Though I do love watching the show. But it was exciting to see a few great bands/artists/albums/songs up there, like Hiatus Kaiyote, Alabama Shakes, Florence + The Machine and D'Angelo & The Vanguard. I will be watching and hoping for the best for these people.

Someone not nominated for a Grammy is APigeon. She's a producer/singer from Montreal who just put out her debut album, A Pigeon Is Born. It's a bit weird, with a few really good tracks, like today's song, Moon 5, which was also one of her singles. Maybe even her debut single, not sure. But anyway, she's interesting and enjoyable. Most reminds me of Lia Ices (who in turn reminds me of Feist, but APigeon does not remind me of Feist, although she does mention Feist on her own bio). I'll have give the album another listen, because this is not actually my favorite song off of it, but it was the easy choice since I only listened once and wanted to share. But I don't know what my favorite song is yet. But this one is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment