Monday, December 28, 2015

Dec 28 - Benjamin Clementine

I think I was in a bit of a funk the last week. I haven't really been feeling myself, and I think it's just been after that whole cancer scare I was so busy and didn't have time to decompress and get any time for myself, so was still feeling quite stressed without realizing it. But yesterday, as you read, I did nothing, and today I was feeling great. I feel a lot better than I have been. And I think it was just sitting around and doing nothing and talking to nobody that did it. It was fantastic. And now I'm back on it today. After work my friend Julia came over, we took Ozzie for a long walk, then ordered in and watched Magic Mike XXL. I haven't seen the first one, but as you can imagine that didn't matter. It was a pretty funny movie actually, I rather enjoyed it. More than I expected anyway. And next up is bed.

But luckily I have a great artist to share with you - Benjamin Clementine. He's a British-French poet and singer, and he was this year's winner of the Mercury Prize. I actually don't know how I missed out on the nominees for the Mercury Prize this year and only found the list last week, but somehow I did. And while I don't always agree with the winner (and I'm not sure I do this year, either, but actually maybe), this year's winner is pretty great. Interesting, to say the least. His lyrics are (obviously) very poetic. And his voice is really powerful. And his music is wonderful. Not a bad combination at all. So today's song is London, off of his debut album At Least For Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment