Monday, December 21, 2015

Dec 21 - Jordan Rakei

I made it back to home an hour earlier than I even should have arrived in Shanghai! My meeting in Beijing this morning went better than expected, and finished up a bit early. I couldn't change my flight, but I could cancel it, run to the train station, run through the train station, and buy literally the last ticket on my train which left 20 minutes later. It was very important I get on that train, because it arrived at 7:56, and the next train would have arrived at 8:45, even though it only left 5 minutes later. I tried to buy online in the cab but couldn't, and by the time I got to the line there were only 19 tickets left. But when I got to the front and asked for a ticket, the guy said there were none. I told him to just put me on whichever got into Shanghai earliest, and as he was looking 1 ticket popped up on my train. So it was all mine! And then for the next 5 hours I had a chat with the very talkative guy next to me, watched a film, and started watching the series Fargo. And now I'm home waiting for my xiaolongbao to arrive, then bed. It's been pretty damn good!

Speaking of good, Jordan Rakei is good. I learned about him in an email from Kacy Hill. She sends her recommendations, mostly for LA things since she's based there, to her mailing list. And this time it included Jordan Rakei and his 2014 EP Groove Curse, which is really damn good. Very chill, soulful sound. Kind of like D'Angelo! Which is always a fantastic thing. I actually can't choose which song to play, but right now I'm listening to it and A Tribe Called Government is playing, so that's what you get today. Great stuff. Now I need to go buy this EP.


No comments:

Post a Comment